Monday, April 13, 2009

Resurrection


The rains of today have washed over me, unable to dampened my spirit. It has been another beautiful day in the world. The string of current happiness reaches back now for weeks rather than just days, hours or, as it was for a time, only minutes. Though the scares from the new year remain, and the hurt still lingers, I realize much of the pain from that time is buried now under the rebuilding efforts. Those efforts, finally taking hold, breath life into me.

My senses, dormant for a time in order to protect my heart are now re-awakening. Simply recalling the name of last nights wine, Antinori Tignanello 2005, brings on a vivid memory. I recall the perfumed, well-articulated aromatics in the glass. The wine's distinct scent melds into a soft, generous core of ripe red fruits is complemented by smoke, mineral, tobacco and spice overtones that fill the air.

To call this a rebirth is to not understand the process underway. The tragedy of the experience that brought me here has not gone away, nor will the wisdom that grew out of this time. I am not new, rather I feel alive once more...

No comments: