Saturday, June 30, 2012

Open the Bottle, Let the Summer Out - àMaurice Cellars Viognier

it's the end of a month, which means a new one starts tomorrow.  a time of transition.  this year more than most it feels like a new season begins in the morning.  so I celebrate that feeling, rather wait for it to happen I select a tasty white to bring the new day forward.

àMaurice Cellars 2010 Viognier from the columbia valley finds it's way into my hand.  as soon as I release this genie from the bottle notes of lemon and hints of oak fill my nose.  drinking white is always a change of pace for me and this white perfectly hails in the transition.  bright, fresh, flavors of peaches and nectarines excite the pallete before giving way to a full, slightly voluminous finish.  Hello Summer.

I examine the pale gold juice in my glass.  like looking into a crystal ball I can see the sun rise of the long warm days of summer fun that will soon consume my days.  pausing before I drink it all in, I cheers myself.  Life is good and it's about to get better.  along the way we'll have plenty of fine wine to enjoy.

No comments: