Saturday, March 17, 2007

Taste the Yummy Madness - Allegrini La Poja 2001


A interesting challenge arose the other day as a friend and I shared a spectacular bottle of wine. Fully take by my glass of Allegrini La Poja 2001 I may have unwittingly bought another bottle which I may never have the pleasure opening. Then again, if luck does prove to be on my side, I will once again enjoy the big, full-bodied Italian wine, characterized by velvety tannins and a long, dreamy finish, that is Allegrini La Poja 2001. Oh, the situations one can find themselves in when you allow your senses to become seduced by a great bottle of wine.

As is the case when great wine gives birth to good conversation, my friend and I meandered through the hot topics of the day. Always intrigued by a fun bet, a interesting challenge arose when our conversation jumped between politics and the madness of March. While we debated the out come of the US attorney firings and wondered if Alberto Gonzales would be able out last the storm, it became clear we disagreed on the proper outcome. Rather than allowing that topic bog down our conversation and diminish the enjoyment created by the Allegrini La Poja, we shifted the topic to discuss our upset picks for this years NCAA tournament. Again finding disagreement, instead of getting angry (as can sometimes by the result of passionate debate over sport or politics) we saw an opportunity for a unique bet.

As it stands, the bet is who from Texas will lose first in March. Will Gonzales lose his job as attorney general first or will the Texas basketball team lose in the NCAA tournament. On the line is a bottle of Allegrini La Poja 2001. After Texas underwhelming performance yesterday, I must admit, I questioned my chances of partaking in the spoils of victory. However, as it stands the bet is still alive but for how long...

No comments: