Monday, November 09, 2009

A Crush with Plenty to Do


I'm feeling surrounded, but for good reason.  Wine, wine everywhere, so much good stuff to drink.  This is a great time of year.  It's crush time, time to harvest those grape and enjoy last years vintage.  Problem is where to begin and then of course when to end.  Luckily harvest is a month long process so theirs plenty of time to enjoy, drinking it all in.  (and I do me all...)

As an optimist, I've been able to leverage my lingering "extended vacation".   I have ample time to indulge in the joy of this time of year. Like Kane from Kung Fu I envision a month of drifting from vineyard to vineyard soaking up whatever life has to offer.  And if my wisdom, calm demeanor or fist of fury are needed I will do what I can to positively impact the lives of those in need.  Otherwise, it just me and my flute, well not some much a flute but actually a fine piece of stemware.  That's not true either, it will likely be a crappy glass just nice enough to get the job done, but I promise it will get plenty of use.

On that note, off I go for a month of juicy good adventure.

[this post was written a month ago but in my exuberance to tour wineries I failed to hit the publish post button until now, I'm sure you all missed me]

1 comment:

Elena said...

Grreat reading your post