Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sit Down with a Glass of Wine and Read


Ignorance may be bliss but it is no longer acceptable. The election of the next US President has begun, some mail-in ballots have already been released. So please make sure you not only vote but make sure you are an informed voter.

With a glass of Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 I sat down and read Naomi Wolf's article from the Huffington Post: The Battle Plan II.

As my blood pressure began to rise from what I read the wines powerful aromas of ripe dark fruit, with notes of vanilla, cocoa and rose petal helped to settle my nerves. The richness and a finely-grained “cocoa” texture, of every sip allow me to think clearly as I continued to read. And as the reality of this scary vision sank in, it was Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 flavors of chocolate, dark berry fruits and the classic cabernet cassis that reminded me of the good that survives in this world.

We are the world that we create; so speak out, take the right of your vote seriously and help restore the grandness of a Free Nation.

No comments: