Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And So It Goes And Continues to Go

Barely into the new year and already the newness of the year ahead has begun to tarnish. For me, 2011 started with much promise and excitement. Life it seemed was finally feeling effortless, a fantastic flow that carried me seamlessly to each joyful moment. However, a new storm has blown in, testing me and apparently my reslove. 

It all began with a rain drenched weekend. A minor treat to activities outdoors, the prospect of being soaked to the bone was easily overcome by a coupious amounts of homebrew wine. Though slightly watered down by the ever increasing rainfall, both the wine and the accompaning party rocked on, through the blustery night. It wasn't until the next morning that my entire world was rocked, a death has away of doing that to people.  This time it wasn't just one death but two.

Death, though has another effect; just as every rain cloud has a silver linning.  Death has a way of reminding us about life.  I choose to celebrate that.  Still, I would be lying if I said everything is flowing smoothly now, far from it infact. My brief glimpse of a carefree life as regained the weight of seriousness (at least for now).

I'm not sure what the lasting effects of this rainy weekend will have on the rest of my life but I take solice in what a wrote not long ago. They were words a muse shared with me, "It's just energy, you get to decide how the feeling goes through you."

No comments: