Monday, July 02, 2007

Balbi Malbec - Give Me Another Glass


I must be drunk on wine, if I weren’t, I’d surely be more pissed, but instead all I can do is laugh.

As the 4th of July approaches I’m always filled with pride. We are lucky to live in such a great democracy. This year however, my enthusiasm has been tempered by the outrageous acts of the would be boy king George and his loyal band of cronies. With Gonzales still acting attorney general and Cheney still refusing to answer reasonable questions about all his secret activities, I’ve had my doubts about the state of government. Add to that some of the ruling by the Supreme Court and I’ve had to question the state of our union. The America we live in today doesn’t feel like the one I grew up in.

But the actions of the President today,… other than being speechless all I can do I grab another bottle and drink. Balbi Malbec is the prefect solution. Taste good, very affordable and should I need to flee this country I know where to head to find an expectable wine.

Meanwhile, commuting the sentence of a man that ruined the career of a CIA operative and endangered the lives of others who have sworn an oath to protect this country, all in a political move to suppress the voices of opposition to a war that has been a complete failure. That is unacceptable. Where is the justice?

It is time we wake-up and remember what the 4th of July is all about, and why we threw of the shackles of the old regime of King George.

No comments: