Monday, August 09, 2010

Where Do the Days Go?

The last few months have flown past like a drunken blur from a high school weekend.  Meaning, I've had fun but I knew things could be better.  Life around me seems to suck but I know better days are on the way.  And worst of all I haven't been enjoying good stuff, rather I've just been enjoying whatever is on hand cause it is easy to get to.  Though I've learned it's a good thing to grow-up, I guess, sadly sometimes we must digress to appreciate all that the world has to offer.

With all the troubling news in the world, the tough economy and a strong desire to find happiness in these gloom filled times, I've spent more time in the wilderness then writing.  Back with nature, high in the Mts, deep in the woods or lost on a beach; it has been good to get away from it all.  The more the remote, the more I found my enjoyment, save one important detail... wine.

When gas stations are the only supply stops quality wine is hard to come by.  So now back in-town, I'm stocking up on "essentials" for my next disappearance.  I wonder what Mitolo 'Reiver' Shiraz 2006 will taste like in my camel pack?

No comments: