Saturday, February 26, 2011

Unrefined and Still Divine - Wolftrap Wine

The bottle before me has a stylized wolf on the label and it's getting me drunk.  Not the usual, I'm gonna puck drunk, but drunk never-the-less.  I'm drunk on ideas.  The wine itself, Boekenhoutskloof "Wolftrap" Shiraz-Mourvedre-Viognier 2008, is an tasty unrefined bottle of South African juice.  A nose of red fruit, spice and violet is followed by fresh but lush aromas of cherries, blackberries and a touch of smoke and dark chocolate.  The wine goes down smooth and integrated.  In fact it drinks so well that Wine Enthusiast proclaims it a "Best Buy".

Still, this bottle of Wolftrap is nothing fancy.  It is simple, affordable and in my mind best described as primal.  Both the taste and the label inspire the inner caveman in me.  Which is what has me drunk on ideas as I type.  A couple glass in and a couple left to drink I find myself seeking more tasty ways to live well, while still enjoying my inner savage.  And that is how I stumble on the cavemanbistro.com

As I pollish off the last half of the bottle I have plenty of reading to enjoy.  Looks like the next time I enjoy the unrifined pleasure of Boekenhoutskloof Wolftrap 2008, I'll have some divine eats to pair with my wine.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Hey! Thanks for the link. I added one for you on my links page. Is that all I am supposed to do? thought there was more to it. Thanks!