Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Found: One Muse. Where: in glass of Amisfield Sauvignon Blanc.


Summer is over and what do I have to show for it? Apparently a blog doesn’t write itself nor does a writer blog when he’s too busy living, thus the life in this blog was lost in the search for the inspiration to write. Basically when you dance to close to your muse you risk being seduced by her charms and soon find yourself chasing that muse. For me that translated in a summer of stories but no desire to share them. Rather, my muse and I danced late into the summer nights, drunk on joy and full of great times.

But as the days shorten and the nights are much cooler I find myself and my muse settling back in to a healthier symbiotic relationship, once again inspired to share my stories of life, wine and levity.

Warming myself by a fire, Ibrahim Ferrer croons in the background; I pour myself a glass of Amisfield Sauvignon Blanc. All at once my muse is with me, and our stories from the summer past pour out as I drink her in.

The floral bouquet of Amisfield Sauvignon Blanc fills my nose reminding me of the joy, love and passion experienced at the many ending I endured this summer. In the height of wedding season I often find myself overwhelmed by the perpetual party that is weddings. However, given the time to reflect, like a good bouquet the lasting impression of a wedding brings a smile to one’s face.

The bright golden color in the glass brings me back to the long summer day spent worshiping the sun and hiding from the work day. For ever more Amisfield Sauvignon Blanc will be the color of enjoying life.

On the palate the full bodied and dry wine shows great intensity, much like the long bar nights where I discover new friends, balanced by a fruity, refreshing acidity finish. The flavor of old friends, some sweet and then at times bitter but always entertaining. For memories without ones old friends might be pleasant but never lingering. Time spent with friends are the moments the last.

As I finish my glass I realize the summer has past and though I may not have shared the stories of a glories summer with you, thanks to my muse those stories will always be there for me to recall in a glass of Amisfield Sauvignon Blanc.

No comments: