Thursday, September 16, 2010

Break Out Another Box - We Still Have Wine


Cardboard it seems has a bad reputation.  Why that is, I don't know.  Cardboard, in my opinion is a versatile invention, that like a good friend will be there when you need it.  And in these current tough times, we all could use a good friend.  

Dream homes going up for auction.  Families struggling to make ends meet.  Smart people out of a job or worse settling for any work they can get.  Geez, when was any of this part of the American dream... never.  But just when things look their bleakest, true friends step up to the challenge.  Enter my pal cardboard.

Admittedly, I don't have the same buying power I did a few years ago, but to my buddy cardboard, that doesn't matter.  Thanks to cardboard I still have a home.  And though to many, a cardboard home might not be glamorous, my other good buddy wine would beg to differ.  Tasty and more affordable I'm not ashamed to be seen in public with cardboard and wine.  In these still scary economic times they've been their for me, and I thank them for that.

...honestly though, I do miss my other friends, million dollar home and stocked wine cellar.  Once you get to know them they aren't as pretentious as they sound.  

No comments: